Thursday, June 9, 2011

Update

Sadly, my fish, Oscar, continued to go down hill and had to be put down. There is no doubt it was time. School is now over and all fish have been rehomed or temporarily moved due to the construction at school. I now have a flying fish living in my home. It is such a neat creature. Toadie, the toadfish, is living in another room at school and being cared for by a wonderful lady who definitely deserves a treat. I'm thinking pedicure.

The girls are doing great. Priss is happy being a horse without any worries or work. It is time to walk her around the pasture again. My farrier is considering removing her wedge pads next time to transition her back to barefoot. We are a year and a half from her tendon injuries. She trots in for dinner every night.

Becca is very near being locked up for the year. Our drought has allowed her to stay out to pasture for much longer. She is a bit porky right now. Guess that makes us OneChunkyMonkey.

Diesel is a turd. He is impatient and has begun throwing tantrums. Therefore, we have spent all of this week working on that. He is not impressed. Nor am I. Today, he was very good for a bath and sheath cleaning (yuck!).

The biggest news...I am leaving to go to a riding lesson in an hour. It will be my first in about 15 years. I'd say it's time. I am riding the instructors horse and getting a feel for her establishment. I am hoping to send Diesel for training later on. Or get my confidence up enough not to need to. We'll see. Regardless, I am excited about getting out there with other experienced horse people. It's been too long.

My life is blessed.

No comments: