Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Plan

After researching and researching....and researching some more, I have decided to hold off on the trailer. If only money were no object... I only have a 2 or 3 more years left in my truck. I hate to invest so much in new tires, gooseneck hitch, wiring, and helper springs. A new truck and trailer will cost me ~$45,000. I'd love to find used ones in great condition. This requires patience! With all of the expense of a new house, barn, land, and fences I cannot responsibly buy a trailer now. I say this but it is all relative. I do not believe in debt. The only acceptable debt for me is mortgage and one vehicle and both should have a decent amount put down. There is alot of my dad-the-accountant in me!

The new plan: Get Diesel going good this month with Jennifer and board him there afterwards. That way I do not need a trailer to take lessons on him. I hope to ride regularly and get one or two lessons a month to keep improving. Eventually, I'd like to try competing in something, possibly barrels. We'll see what he is best suited for.

I have to take him places and ride ALOT if he is going to be my next Miss Priss. Of course, there will never be another. I just want to have a trustworthy and finished horse. And he is such a nice horse, very well conformed.

In the meantime, I am up for extra hours at work. They start on Tuesday and go until the summer testing is over, about a month. I will work only mornings and will be in town so I can see my Bub when I am done. Sounds like a plan to me!

I can't wait for my lesson tonight. For now, I better get back to work around the house. My life is blessed.

No comments: