Friday, November 4, 2011

Driving Me Crazy

The horse life is full of joy and pain and aggravation. I brought Diesel home from 3 months with the trainer. He is ready to go conquer the world. And the first thing he does is become lame. We thought it was long toes. Or, possibly, a bruised sole. Two weeks later, it has not improved. I will be trying out Bay City Equine Clinic next week. Hopefully, we can solve this problem that has presented itself in the past. I still think he's a big cry baby and it's not quite as bad as he makes it out to be. And, I still think something major is going on. I pray it is not navicular.

I have this fancy, new saddle and no horse to ride. How frustrating? I have this amazingly talented horse who I cannot ride. How frustrating? I have a magnificent older beast that I cannot ride because both of her tendons are damaged. How frustrating? I have a kind, sweet dramatice mare with a bobbley head that I should ride, if not for cold weather. How frustrating?

I have 3 unique and special horses, including one that is the horse-of-a-lifetime. I am blessed to spend many joyful years with 3 perfect horses. I am so lucky. Especially, for every extra day I get with Miss Priss. She is the love of my life. Don't tell Kevin! He might not understand.

No comments: