Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Peter

Peter is my little friend. He comes hopping at the first sign of horse work. Nothing attracts him faster than the sound of the hose being pulled across the parking lot to Prissy's day pasture. If I don't stop everything and feed him, he'll stomp his feet and act mad...and then chew on the hose. That works every time. Today, I threw out a handful of feed and just hunkered down. The rabbit came within 4 feet of me to eat. He was very wary but is too much of a glutton to run away. I'd be worried if he was "friendly" with anyone else. But, his instinct is intact with everyone else. What a neat experience!

Diesel has been good to me this week. I rode him Saturday for an hour. We walk-trotted up front and in the pasture. He gave me get up and go and slow when I asked for it. We both had a great time. He was solid and confident. The weather could not have been more perfect.

Today I rode for about 40 minutes. I tried my old, small saddle. I forgot how hard it is. It fits him better in his shoulders but I don't like how low the gullet sits. I'll stick to my big-butt-mushy close contact saddle. Today he got a bit pissy while trotting. I'm still not sure where his attitude comes from. He's so moody and lazy. We had a decent, short ride. The sun called it short. I could still use a few more hours of daylight.

I did not feel any anxiety today except for with his stomping head toss. Even that passed quickly. It feels great to be riding again.

My life is blessed.

No comments: